Ways to Wake Up On Time If You’re Not a Morning Person
Once I am out of bed in the morning, I am able to get going for the day. It's the getting-out-of-bed part that is tough for me. It's so warm and cozy, can you blame me? For those who struggle in the morning like I do, here are some ways to help you wake up on time in the morning.
- Don't press the snooze button. It seems obvious, but telling yourself that five minutes more is only going to be five minutes more is probably the biggest lie we tell ourselves every day. That five minutes is going to be a half hour.
- Let in some light. The first thing you should try to do is let some light into your bedroom, that will help you brain realize that it is morning, and that it is time to wake up.
- Avoid electronics before bed. We are all guilty of lying in bed late at night, looking through twitter, facebook, etc. The light of your cell phone can actually hurt your quality of sleep making mornings just that much tougher.
- Eat breakfast! And no, a cup of coffee is not substantial enough to count. Breakfast has been shown to improve your focus, energy and alertness first thing in the morning.
- Drink a glass of water. Over night, you are bound to get dehydrated, so re-hydrate your body with a nice glass of water first thing in the morning. It'll help you fight that morning fatigue.
- Take a cold shower. The sudden change in temperature fights fatigue in the morning much like drinking a glass of water will. People swear by this method to help you wake up.
I hope that these little changes help you wake up in the morning and curbs your drowsiness all day!
(via Simple Most)