This Is How Much You Should Be Sleeping
Sleep is very important for all areas of your life. Especially, if you want to lose weight or get healthy. Here is how much sleep you should be getting.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, I am not getting nearly enough sleep. Here is how much sleep you should be getting, according to your age:
- Newborn (0-3 months): 14-17 hours (previously: 12-18 hours)
- Infant (4-11 months): 12-15 hours (previously: 14-15 hours)
- Toddler (1-2 years): 11-14 hours (previously: 12-14 hours)
- Preschool (3-5 years): 10-13 hours (previously: 11-13 hours)
- School age (6-13 years): 9-11 hours (previously: 10-11 hours)
- Teen (14-17 years): 8-10 hours (previously: 8.5-9.5 hours)
- Young adult (18-25 years): 7-9 hours (new category)
- Adult (26-64 years): 7-9 hours (no change)
- Older adult (65+ years): 7-8 hours (new category)
Not getting enough sleep can effect basically every aspect of your life.
[via: National Sleep Foundation]