Transform From a Night Owl to An Early Bird
Most mornings, I have to hit the snooze button three or four times before I drag myself out of bed and into the shower to start the day. If you're like me, you probably wish that mornings were easier. Here are a few ways to make that possible.
- Eat dinner earlier, which means if you want to wake up at six o'clock, try to finish eating by eight o'clock the night before.
- Swap your coffee for decaffeinated tea after one o'clock in the afternoon to allow your body time to work off all the caffeine and be able to fall asleep as opposed to having your mind race when you lay down at night.
- Turn off the television and try to stay away from all screens (including your cell phone) for at least an hour before you plan to go to bed.
- Procrastinate... kind of by going to the gym, washing your hair, etc. in the morning instead of the night before.
- Keep it consistent by sticking to your weekday bed time and morning alarm on the weekends as well. (For me, this would be the hardest, for sure.)
In no time, you will have yourself trained to be an early bird instead of a night owl!
(via Pure Wow)