How To Lie To Your Scale
I used to hate going to the Doctors office because of the dreaded scale. Just the sight of it would make my blood pressure rise.
Experts say that if you want to really lose weight then you have to weigh yourself every day. For some reason it keeps you on track.
Weighing yourself is a mind game. So, you don't have to dread getting on the scale anymore if you can use it to your advantage. According to the website Bigthink.com, here are some ways to lie to your scale to your advantage:
- Weigh yourself with clothes on, after dinner... as well as in the morning, without clothes, before breakfast, because it's nice to see how much weight you've lost overnight.
- Never weigh yourself with wet hair.
- When weighing, remove everything, including glasses. In this case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget the earrings, these things can weigh at least a pound.
- Use cheap scales only, never the medical kind, because they are always five pounds off... to your advantage.
- Always go to the bathroom first.
- Stand with arms raised, making pressure on the scale lighter.
- Don't eat or drink in the morning until after you've weighed in, completely naked, of course.
- Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for at least half a pound of hair (hopefully).
- Exhale with all your might before stepping onto the scale (air has to weigh something, right?).
- Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto the towel rack in front of you, slowly edge your other foot on and slowly let off of the rack. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd stepped on normally.
I hope these tips help.