Helping Your Partner Get Through A Tough Time
When your partner is going through a tough time, it is hard to know just exactly what you can do to be there for them. BuzzFeed shared a few ways that you can try to be, and maybe some of these ideas will help your partner get through this hard time.
- Make them feel safe and heard because they want to know that you are there for them, so make sure you're able and willing to be there for them.
- Help them with things they are struggling with even minor things like opening up a jar of pickles or ordering take-out over the phone. It may not solve the big problem, but it helps while on the journey.
- Leave sweet text messages and voicemails for them on particularly rough days. Nothing helps more for someone than knowing they are not alone.
- Do more around the house especially when things are getting particularly overwhelming for them. Little gestures like taking out the trash or doing the dishes can do wonders for someone on a bad day.
- Let them vent to you and be willing and able to listen to them. Even if you can't solve their problems, having an ear to lend can help tremendously.
Celebrate all the little victories and remember how much you love each other. Everything will pass in time, some moments in life are just harder than others.