Feel Empowered in 2017!
New year, new you! This is the time of the year when we all look at ourselves and try to find what we can improve upon. Here are some ways to feel more empowered as you start 2017.
- Say "no" more often. If you're a people pleaser, it may be hard to tell someone "no", but realize that when you're putting other people before yourself, that's hurting you.
- Read more. This is one that I'm implementing in my own life. Read more books! Like the classics that you "read" in high school, but only actually looked at the spark notes online about the book. Go back to those and read them.
- Take a self-defense course. Anyone can benefit from learning how to defend yourself. This is something that could do wonders for your self-esteem as well!
- Stop apologizing for everything! Unless you've actually been a jerk to someone else, you have nothing to apologize for.
- Meditate. Meditation can help you with anxiety and stress, as well as help to boost your pain tolerance.
- Drink more water! Your health depends on it!
- Get that tattoo that you've always wanted. Save up the time and money and finally get it. Recent studies have shown that women with tattoos have a higher self-esteem than women who don't.
Good luck, and Happy New Year!