Simple Ways To Give Your Brain A Workout
Giving your brain a workout is just as important as getting a workout at the gym. And, there are some simple ways to do that.
According to The Telegraph, you can make yourself smarter today by adopting a few habits that may sound a bit strange, but which will exercise your brain in subtle ways:
- For example, if you're right-handed, brush your teeth with your left hand.
- Take a different route to work or anywhere else you regularly go as often as you can.
- Everyday, open the dictionary at random and memorize an unfamiliar word.
- Eat oily fish for dinner at least once a week - salmon, mackerel and tuna are all good choices. They'll stimulate your brain chemistry.
- Make a point of doing the crossword puzzle in your Sunday newspaper.
- Make a point of having a short conversation with a stranger one or two times a week. The challenge of dealing with someone new will sharpen your intelligence.
- Next time you go to the supermarket, memorize your shopping list before you leave home. At the beginning, take the list with you just in case your memory fails you. But after a few weeks, you won't need it.
- Finally, limit the amount of caffeine and alcohol you drink. Your brain will thank you in the long run.
[via: The Telegraph]