Save Money on Your Christmas Decorations
Christmas is a VERYYYY expensive time, probably the most expensive time for majority of families! There's gifts, food, parties,a tree, &... decorations!!! And lets be honest, decorations are no the most important part of the holiday season, but without them it just doesn't feel like that special time of year!
Well this year I am going to try and make it a little easier on your bank account, well for the decoration portion at least hahah! So below are 5, very doable ways to save money on your Christmas decorations!!!!
1. Keep it simple. - You don't need a massive Christmas tree if you're trying to save money, go with a smaller one, and stick with simple ornaments and lights.
2. Make your own decorations. - If you aren't sure where to begin, start with Pinterest & if that's too overwhelming then sign up for a workshop at a craft store. Michaels hosts free classes where you can make ornaments, wreaths, and other decorations.
3. Swap out incandescent lights for LEDs. - The Department of Energy estimates that a six-foot Christmas tree lit 12 hours per day for 40 days with old-fashioned lights uses about $10 worth of electricity .... and a tree lit with LED lights for the same amount of time uses only 27 CENTS worth of electricity!!!!!!!!!!
4. Wait until after Christmas. - This won't help you this year, but a lot of stores put holiday items on sale the day after Christmas. So hit the stores on December 26th and stock up early for next year.
5. Avoid impulse buying. - (this has to be my BIGGEST weakness!) It's easy to get caught up and buy too much stuff when you're out shopping. So make a list of exactly what you need and stick to it!!!!!!
Also make sure you are storing your decorations in a safe, dry place this way you won't have to buy a ton of new ones each year.. or any for that matter!! Hope this helped a little, I know it helped me a lot!!
[VIA: MoneyTips / Philly ]