Things Couples Do That Are Illegal
There are some really weird laws that you've probably never heard of (or believe are even true) in some states. So while you and your partner may be living your lives together thinking you two are law-abiding citizens, you may be surprised to find out that you're not! Here are a few laws that you may be breaking.
- Living together, it sounds outdated to think that living with someone without being married could be illegal, but in Michigan and Mississippi it is still technically considered a crime that could get you up to a year in jail and $1,000 fine.
- Adultery is still a crime in 21 states. Adultery, for those who don't know, is the act of physically cheating on one's spouse with another married person. The punishment in New York State is up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine.
- The use of sex toys, yes, there are laws about this! In Alabama, it's illegal to own any. In Arizona, you can own one. However in Texas, you're allowed to own up to six. Yee Haw!
- Skinny dipping is illegal because being naked in public in illegal. If your neighbors spot you nude in your backyard, they could technically turn you in, so be careful!
- Being "intimate" in public is a crime, again because of indecent exposure, but some states classify it as a misdemeanor. However, in New York, there is some wiggle room that allows it as long as no one sees it.
- Kissing for too long, which is more than five minutes, is illegal in Iowa. How boring!
While most states likely will not prosecute you for these crimes, some (like having "relations" in public) are probably not worth the risk... just in case! If you still decide to, be safe!
(via The Talko)