Some Things Ladies Should DO before she says “I Do”
Ladies, you have met the man of your dreams. But, before you say "I Do" and spend the rest of your life with him, there are some things you need to DO before that.
Cosmopolitan has compiled a list of some things a single woman should do before getting married. However, they don't specify why a single girl needs to sew her wild oats before tying the knot.
Here is the list of things she should do:
- Date a guy who's totally wrong for you just because he has amazing abs. So what if he's five years younger and your polar opposite? The joy of running your hands across his six-pack is a perfectly legitimate reason to go out with him.
- Collect at least six country stamps on your passport, including one from a place that until recently you didn't even know existed.
- Embrace feminine decor. Don't go so far as to paint the walls pink -- that'll freak out any guy who sets foot in your place -- but stock up on stuff that appeals to your girlie side. Take advantage of the whole bed. You have the rest of your life to stick to "your" side when you sleep next to your man. Right now, place your pillow smack-dab in the center and make like a starfish.
- Spend an embarrassing amount of money on a designer bag you love or heels that make you feel incredibly sexy. Chances are, when you have a joint account with your hubby, he's not going to get why a purse might be worth the GDP of a small country.
- Learn how to change a tire and work a drill. It's easy to relegate all those "guy" tasks to your man (and you totally should enlist his help), but there's a sense of power that comes with being able to fix something yourself.
- Slip one of those furry covers on the toilet.
- Get a grip on your money. Sign up for a retirement plan and invest extra income in stocks or CD accounts.
- Have your dad take you out to dinner as often as possible. The reasons: It's great bonding time, and his open-wallet generosity will dry up once you're hitched.
- Hone a signature lingerie style. Figure out what cuts and colors are hottest on you, and develop a look that's all your own.
- Want a cat? Heed this advice: Buy it now. Call it Snowflake. Let it sleep next to you in bed. If you wait to get a pet with your betrothed, it will end up being a big, slobbering Lab called Duke.
Is there anything you would like to add to this list ladies?