Make Mondays Your Favorite Day!
It's no secret that Mondays suck!!!!!! Not enough sleep last night, back to work, and still 5 more days until another weekend. For me, I'm not rested enough on a Monday and my mind just wanders and can't really focus on a task (I'm like a child, I know!)
So what if I told you that I could help make Monday your favorite day of the week? Besides listening to Louie G and myself every morning on Wild 104 from 5 a.m. - 10 a.m, here's a few tricks to help make Monday the best!
- Do something weekend-ish today. - Maybe go to happy hour, meet a friend (you don’t work with) for lunch, go on a date, etc... Our brains get in extreme Monday mode so if you do something more weekendish, your Monday brain will significantly decrease!
- Eat something different. - Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or a snack, treat yourself to something brand new. Make it exotic, tasty and satisfying. Our body and mind get too used to routine, especially on a Monday, so change it up!
- Don’t scramble, just recoup. - We all try to catch up on Mondays. Rather than trying to do everything on Monday, organize and prioritize. Sort your emails and projects by level of importance. Plan out what you can do the next day and for the rest of the week.
- Hydrate... in a fun way. - Most people do not drink enough water. Keep water by you at all times and spice it up with something fun. Maybe add frozen fruit, cucumbers or lemons to your water. Your brain will operate more smoothly and you’ll feel better overall!
- Smile and show thanks. - This is something we should do no matter where we are, but especially on a Monday! Remind yourself of your opportunities and show appreciation to anyone who has helped you get there, including yourself!
- Plan something to look forward to. - Plan something for mid or later in the week, it feels so nice having something fun and exciting to look forward to outside of work. It doesn’t have to break the bank either. Have a family member over, visit your neighbor or play a game!
No one likes a Monday and if they do then they probably follow these tips! Staying positive on a Monday is key to a good week! Just remember, always smile!
Here's Louie G & I on a rough Monday haha!