Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Always Have On Hand
Joint pain is something that we all have to deal with from time-to-time, especially with the changing of the weather. Inflammation can be helped by eating certain foods, and here is a few that you should always keep on hand should you have any pain.
- Garlic is good for both fending off vampires and fending off inflammation. Studies show that garlic can also help fight off infection and prevent disease.
- Tumeric, cinnamon and ginger are all beneficial to curbing inflammation. All three (maybe not together) can be brewed in a tea to consume and get you feeling better in no time.
- Extra virgin olive oil contains a natural anti-inflammatory agent called oleocanthal. It can be put on salad, pizza, pasta and everything in between to help get rid of your inflamed joints.
- Omega-3 fatty acids is in a lot of fish which is recommended by the American Heart Association to help with inflammation and lower the chances the developing chronic diseases.
- Dark chocolate is delicious and also helps to combat inflammation. Researchers suggest 20 grams of this tasty treat every three days to help.
Hopefully your body treats you kindly, but you will also have to feed it properly to have any chance to make you feel better. Dig in and enjoy!
(via Simple Most)