The Underrated Perks of Being Grown-Up
When I was young, I wanted to be older... order off the adult menu at a restaurant, wear high heels, etc. Of course now, I wish that I was younger and had less responsibilities and no bills to pay. What was I thinking before? However, there are some very underrated perks and rewards to being an adult. Here are just a few.
- Eating a bowl of ice cream for dinner just because you can. You know your mom never would have let you do that, but if you bought it and you want it, in your own house, you can do it. Isn't that great?
- Every added zero that you see in your bank account, that money is all yours. You earned it. Doesn't that feel good?
- Going to bed early, as an adult, I treasure those nights when I have no plans, and I can just go lay in my bed and fall asleep at a reasonable time.
- Getting socks as a present and being genuinely thrilled about it. You know that as a child you hated practical gifts like that.
- Feeling like your childhood dreams are actually within reach is probably the best out of all of these.
Sometimes it's terrible to be an adult, but there are some great benefits to it as well.