Some Neat Beer History and Trivia!
With so many great breweries in our area, it's safe to say that beer is great. So, with the weather turning cooler, what warms your heart and soul better than a pint of beer? Here is some neat beer trivia that I found from Beer Fest Boots that I thought all of you would enjoy.
- Pabst Beer is now called Pabst Blue Ribbon beer because it was the first beer to win a blue ribbon at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893.
- There are nineteen different versions of Guinness. I imagine you'd have to do a lot of traveling in order to try them all.
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass!
- Pennsylvania has had more breweries in its history than any other state.
- Molson is the oldest brewery in North America, established in 1786, but Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the United States having been established in 1829.
Beer is both historical and fun to drink! You can sound smart by using some of these trivia facts the next time you're out with friends for a pint. Enjoy!
(via Beer Fest Boots)