Some Healthier Choices At Different Fast Food Joints
We all love our fast food. But, we also know that if we want to keep our health in check we need to limit how much fast food we eat.
But, just because you go to a fast food place doesn't mean you have to eat bad. They all have healthier choices. According to Fox News, some healthier choices are a great way to get your fast food fix and not kill your efforts.
Here are some good food choices you can make at different fast food places:
1. McDonald's. The Egg McMuffin, which is 300 calories. Or the McDouble, which is 380. You can cut about 50 calories on each one by asking for no cheese.
2. Taco Bell. The Chicken Soft Tacos, or the Power Menu Veggie Bowl. You can make pretty much anything at Taco Bell healthier by asking for it "fresco" style. That's where they replace the cheese and sour cream with pico de gallo.
3. Burger King. The MorningStar Veggie Burger. Or the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, which is 480 calories. But you can get it down under 400 calories if you hold the mayo.
4. Chick-fil-A. The Grilled Chicken Nuggets with a side salad or fruit cup. Or the Spicy Southwest Salad, which also has grilled chicken instead of fried.
5. Dunkin Donuts. The Egg-and-Cheese sandwich on an English muffin. Or the Egg White Flatbread sandwich. Obviously there's a lot more nutrition in both of them than you'll get from donuts.
6. Subway. The Oven-Roasted Chicken Sandwich on multigrain flatbread. Or a six-inch tuna sandwich on wheat. Just don't ask for extra mayonnaise.
I wish I was disciplined enough to go to a fast food place and pick one of those healthier choices. But, I know that once I walk in the door I pick the worst thing on the menu.
I hope you are better than I am.
[via: Fox News]