Here Are Some Useful Tips From Bartenders
If you think that you will ever hang out at a bar again then these tips from bartenders will come in very handy. After all, happy bartender equals happy life.
I know you have been in this situation a hundred times...you are going crazy trying to get the bartender's attention and they are acting like you are not even there. It is so frustrating right?
Well, according to Buzzfeed.com, check out these tips from bartenders to help make your drinking experience a great one:
1. Asking for less ice won't get you more alcohol. You'll get the same drink with less ice in it. Or they might add more mixer to fill the glass. But they won't add more booze.
2. Giving them a good tip on your first drink CAN help you get your next drink faster. Unless it's really crowded, they'll remember you. And they'll usually serve you first.
3. If it's crowded, don't order anything that comes in a martini glass. If someone even nudges you, you'll spill it everywhere. So you'll be upset, and so will the staff because they have to clean it up.
4. Don't yell, whistle, or wave money at a bartender to get their attention. A lot of them think it's demeaning, and they'll SKIP you if you do it. So you're better off being patient, and waiting to make eye contact with them.
5. You need to do three things to make a bartender like you. Know what you want to order . . . say please and thank you . . . and leave them a good tip. $1 is fine if it's something easy. $2 is good if it's something complicated like a margarita.
And, if you think that flirting will help. Guess what? You would be WRONG! Bartenders hate it when you flirt with them.