Don’t Get Married If You Can’t Answer These Questions
"Until death do us part" is a powerful statement. Some people take a leap of faith into marriage, but sometimes "until death" isn't always the case. Here are some questions you should be able to truthfully answer before about you and your partner get married.
- Do we have fun together? If you don't have fun with your partner, why would you want to spend the rest of your life with them? You'll be bored forever.
- Do we accept each other? You don't have to accept anything that you don't want to, but no one is perfect. You should ask yourself though, can you accept your partner's flaws? And does your partner accept yours?
- Am I happy in this relationship? It may seem obvious that you should only marry someone if you're happy with them, but sometimes it's not that cut-and-dry. Every day will not always be filled with sunshine, however if you can weather a storm with your partner, you may just be on the right track with them.
- Is this relationship balanced? Do you both put in the same amount of effort, or is one person more committed than the other? There will be times of give and take, but one person should not always take and the other give. It has to be balanced.
- Do I trust my partner? Has your partner ever spilled a secret of yours that they promised that they wouldn't? If you can't trust your partner now, marrying them will not change that feeling. That is something you should consider.
These are just a few questions that you should ask yourself, but if your gut is saying something that isn't lining up, you might want to reevaluate things with your partner.