19 Displaced in Binghamton Apartment House Fire
A problem with the boiler system at a Binghamton apartment house is being blamed for a minor fire causing some major headaches for over a dozen occupants of the building.
Fire was reported at 2:38 a.m. at the apartment house at 3 Telegraph Street, sending Binghamton firefighters into the snow and wind-chills around -15.
No injuries were reported and firefighters were returning to their stations shortly before 4 a.m.
The Southern Tier Chapter of the American Red Cross was called to assist 19 residents of the building who would not be able to return home since the boiler system was rendered inoperable by the fire.