The Longest Traffic Lights In the Southern Tier Of New York
Does impatience increase as we age? I seem to be more impatient than I used to be. Standing in line at a store, waiting for a package to arrive that is taking longer than the estimated delivery date, or just sitting in traffic while the traffic light glows red for what seems to be an eternity.
I recently traveled to Florida, and being impatient again, I ran a light that had just turned red. Now I'm being impatient for the inevitable - a traffic ticket in the mail since the light had a camera which I'm sure took my picture and video. Totally my fault.
Speaking of traffic lights, I asked the question on social media, "In your experience, what Southern Tier traffic signal has the longest wait?" Well, the answers came in bunches. I knew it would strike a nerve with Southern Tier motorists. It seems that the Chenango Bridge area and the area around Binghamton University got a lot of responses.
Some answers were funny, like Craig M. who commented "The one I'm stopped at..." Good answer. Julia M. says "Whichever one I'm stopped at when I need to pee and any blinking red when I'm just out of work and my brain is fried." Completely understand.
Here's a sampling of comments about some Southern Tier traffic lights that were mentioned as staying red too long:
- Lee P. - Route 12A and Service Road.
- Connie T. - Tompkins Street and Court Street.
- Russ · Washington Avenue and North Street in Endicott. Good Luck making a right onto North Street.
- Sandie J. - Upper Front Street/Fuller Road.
- Jessie F. - Turning onto Conklin Ave from Mill street.
- Nicholas B. - Vestal Parkway and Rano Blvd. Especially, if you are heading Eastbound and trying to make a left turn toward Lowes. It only seems to let 3 cars through before it changes.
- Jeffrey K. - Floral Avenue & Burbank Avenue in Johnson City.
- Nicky K. - Definitely taking a left on 12A in Chenango Bridge from I-88.
- Dave M. - Four corners in Vestal.
- Mikel P.- Idk about the longest but I can tell ya every turning lane is long enough to get barely 5 cars through it.
- Alan M. - Front St - Northgate Plaza.
- Dave D. - Washington Ave onto North. Been a while though.
- Mike P. - Henry Street turning Left on Brandywine.
- Libbie H. - The one turning left out of SUNY Broome/Sheriff/Humane Society onto Front Street.
- Tori W. - The one by Chenango Valley High School.
- Carl T. - The one that lets you turn in to Binghamton University.
- Jon K. - Harrison and Main Street in Endicott. Hands down.
- Deanne T. - The unneeded light coming out of the empty Binghamton Plaza.
- Celia C. - Bottom of Mill Street.
- Steven M. - Sycamore Road in Vestal at the Vestal Parkway.
- Chrissy H. Monroe and McKinley in Endicott.
- Kristie Z. - This is funny cuz I say it every time I pull up. It's a toss-up between Vestal Road and Main Street and the light at the intersection at the Vestal Parkway and the road that connects Old Vestal Road and the Parkway.
- Faith L. - Main Street Johnson City by the old Aldi's.
KEEP SCROLLING: The Most Stressful Roads To Drive In The USA
GALLERY: Can You Name These 10 Southern Tier Locations From The Sky? (Answers At The End)
TAKE A DEEP BREATH...: The 8 Worst Intersections in the Southern Tier