Fire Damages Building Housing Little Venice Restaurant in Binghamton
One man was transported from the scene of a blaze that broke out in an apartment above an iconic downtown Binghamton restaurant.
Firefighters were called to 111 Chenango Street early Saturday afternoon. The fire was reported at 12:49 p.m.
The first police officers on the scene reported thick black smoke was coming from the third floor on the front side of the building.
Firefighters discovered a man inside the burning structure. He was brought down several flights of stairs and taken to a nearby ambulance.
The man reportedly was transported to a hospital. Police patrol officers and detectives provided no information about his condition.
Representatives of Little Venice Restaurant could not be reached but a telephone recording indicated the business would be closed for the rest of the day.
According to the message, the restaurant was expected to reopen at 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.