You Need to Learn to Cook These Things
Cooking is a necessary skill in this day and age, no matter who you are. You cannot always eat out or expect your mother to cook for you day in and day out. So here is a list of foods that everyone should be able to know how to cook.
- A birthday cake, while it's not a survival food, knowing how to bake a cake for someone's birthday will score you major points with them. It's even better if you can write their name on top!
- An omelet for Sunday mornings to help soften a hangover. If you live with roommates or a significant other, they will love you forever for this.
- An apple pie that you can bring to Thanksgiving dinner, or any kind of special occasion with family. That'll be one less thing that the host will have to make!
- Macaroni and cheese from scratch (!) is so much better than from a box. It's just one more recipe that you can use to impress people.
- A simple go-to dinner like chicken fried rice or spaghetti and meatballs. This is something that you can perfect and turn it into your "signature" dish that all of your friends talk about.
Everyone should be able to feed themselves adequately, but to be able to feed those around them, too, is a special skill that you should try to perfect. Your friends and family will thank you.