State Trooper Revives Boy Who Was Choking in Endwell
Quick action by a New York state trooper may have saved the life of a young child in Broome County.
Authorities say Trooper David Draudt was sent to an Endwell residence where a two-year-old boy had stopped breathing after choking on some food.
Draudt reached the home minutes after the call was received. The boy's mother advised the trooper that the child had been eating a pancake when he began to choke.
Draudt repeatedly tapped the boy's back until he started breathing again.
The child was taken to Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City for treatment after the November 29 incident.
Draudt joined the state police two years ago. He said: "I'm just happy that I was at the right place at the right time" to help the boy.
WATCH: Body cam footage of Trooper David Draudt reviving a boy in Endwell. (Caution: Graphic video.)
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com.
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.