Here Are Some Fun Bets You Can Make For The Big Game
The big game is this weekend and everybody will be buying squares in different pools to try and win some money.
But, if you want to have some fun and bet on things other than the actual game you can.
USA Today has the latest ridiculous Super Bowl 'prop bets' being offered by online sportsbooks, and there are over 100 of them. Half of them are about actual, game-related stats . . . like the score after certain quarters, how and when touchdowns are scored, and total yardage. The rest are the silly stuff. Here are our 10 favorite . . .
1. The odds that a fan trolls Tom Brady by tossing a "slightly deflated football" on the field . . . 19-to-1. There are better odds that a fan tosses a flare on the field (15-to-1) . . . and much longer odds that a SEX TOY is tossed on the field (45-to-1).
Still, you're more likely to see a sex toy thrown than a DEAD FALCON. The odds of that happening are 300-to-1. And with the security at a game like this, I'm surprised it's even that likely.
2. Falcons coach Dan Quinn is bald, and the odds that he wears a HAIR-PIECE during the game are 50-to-1. (???)
3. The odds of announcer Joe Buck being clean shaven for the Super Bowl broadcast . . . 10-to-1. Buck does have a penchant for rocking the stubble.
4. The odds the word 'DeflateGate' is NOT mentioned during the whole game by Buck, his partner Troy Aikman, OR the sideline reporters . . . 8-to-1.
The NFL may not want a lot of talk about it, but it would be STUNNING if it wasn't mentioned at least once.
5. Odds there is a halftime show wardrobe malfunction . . . 2-to-1. The odds are really short on this one. So, they must be defining 'wardrobe malfunction' broadly.
Last week, we saw another prop bet that had the odds of a Lady Gaga wardrobe malfunction that "must expose an intimate part of her body," at 15-to-1.
6. The odds Gaga wears an outfit that Fox needs to blur for indecency . . . 3-to-2. Nah . . . she may be dressed as a pencil sharpener, but I doubt she'll be indecent.
7. The odds someone catches on fire during the halftime show . . . 25-to-1.
8. The odds someone falls off the stage during the halftime show . . . 12-to-1.
9. The over-under on commercials that parody Donald Trump . . . 1.5.
10. The odds Patriots coach Bill Belichick hosts "Saturday Night Live" in the weeks following the Super Bowl . . . 5,000-to-1. This is VERY unlikely. You're much more likely to see the other coach wearing a hair-piece, or a dead falcon being thrown on the field.