Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate – Thirsty Thursday Drink of the Week
When I took my daughter Alexis and her friend to the city a few weeks ago to see their favorite band on Good Morning America, I insisted we go to Serendipity. I have tried going several times, but it's always been too long of a wait because we usually go around Christmas. So we went and I was happy we got a table very quickly. They are known for Their frozen hot chocolate.
We loved the frozen hot chocolates and each got a different flavor. Lexi got chocolate peanut butter, her friend got chocolate with espresso and I got chocolate with caramel and seal salt. Mine was SO good and wanted to share a recipe so we can all make them at home!
- 2 servings Caramel Hot Chocolate, prepared as directed. There are many brands, even Target has a brand. However if you can't find some, you can use 2 packets of hot chocolate mix, 2 cups milk, and an extra ¼ cup of the caramel sauce.
- 2 cups Ice
- ¼ cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 cup Non-Fat Cool Whip
- ¼ cup Rolos, chopped in half (optional)
- ¼ cup caramel chips (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Add the prepared drinking chocolate with ice in a blender. Blend until well combined. Add more ice if needed to make the drink as thick as possible.
- Pour into a large cup. This serves two.
- Top with Cool Whip, Caramel Sauce, and optional toppings for an extra special treat.
- Serve with two straws or spoons.
I would also add a pinch of sea salt just like they do at Serendipity!