Did You Try Anything Crazy At A Fair This Summer
There is no shortage of fairs and festivals around the Southern Tier in the summer. It is also the time to throw your diet out the window.
The craziest thing I have ever tried at a fair was a deep fried Snickers bar. Not too crazy, but also not even close to being healthy.
Now that the summer is winding down, the all of the festivals are pretty much done, I thought I would see if there was anything crazy you tried at them.
It seems like the Texas State Fair is the place where all of the craziest foods get started. According to ABC 8 - Dallas/Fort Worth, these were the biggest foods at the Texas State Fair this summer.
1. Beer battered beef jerky.
2. Fried Texas dirt. We assume "dirt" means, like, crushed up Oreos.
3. Deep fried breakfast cupcake.
4. Funnel cake bacon queso burger.
5. Deep fried chicken noodle soup on a stick.
6. Deep fried Froot Loops.
7. Oreo beer.
8. Tamale donuts.
9. Fried redneck wedding cake balls.
10. Fat smooth. Yes, it's just called "Fat Smooth."
I am not really sure what a "Fat Smooth" is, so if you know I would love to hear from you.
Also, what was the wackiest food you tried at a fair or festival this summer?
[via: ABC 8 - Dallas/Fort Worth]